Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Gourmet Dinner Club

Larry and I are part of a new gourmet dinner club. We're keeping it small to begin with - there will only be 4 couples so that's good. The first dinner is next week. We are scheduled for April at our house. I've been trying to come up with themed ideas but haven't figured it out yet. Mardi Gras came to mind. Next week's dinner is a French theme. The main dish is prepared by the hosts and they give the other 3 couples a choice on a side dish to prepare. We're doing dessert. A Queen of Sheba cake. So I'm making one today to try it out. It's chocolate and ground almonds - not much flour so must be pretty dense. It's cooling now and smelling so good! I'll let you know if it turns out.
We have cloud cover today - it may rain, but chances are slim. We sure need some rain! Wish we could have some of Washington's!!

2 comments:

  1. How about a Pick Your Nose and Do the Chicken Dance theme? It worked for our group!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to give that a try at our next dinner. You gave me the cups, so I'm all set!!

    ReplyDelete