Sunday, December 14, 2008

My "Ah-Ha" Moment of 2008


Making oatmeal in a double boiler was my ah-ha moment of 2008. I have been cooking oatmeal for years, and most every time, it boils over and leaves such a mess. I knew mom cooked it that way, but I thought that it took a long time. So after seeing her fix it for us when we were up, I tried it at home, and lo and behold......... it cooks up fast and no mess on the stove! Much creamier too even when I use water! So if I think real hard, I may be able to come up with another ah-ha moment, but for now, it's cooking oatmeal!!

1 comment:

  1. Did you know that when Scott was born and Mom was staying with me to help out, she fixed me oatmeal in the double boiler and I had never tasted oatmeal so creamy and good. Oatmeal in the double boiler brings back such fond memories!

    ReplyDelete